Life Manifestation Goddesses - Utu, Asher, Asherah
Druid Goddess Comparisons
Life Source Goddess (Outer Layer)
Symbols: under-dome, arms across or on stomach to form under-dome shape
Epithet: (none known yet)
Ayu (Inanna, Ishtar, Astarte, Artemis, Hathor)
Life Connective Goddess (Middle Layer)
Symbols: crescent moon, wings, bees, hands just under breasts
Epithet: Reed-Boat, Opener, one of the "Controllers" (along with eagle-vultures)
Asher (Asherah, Venus, Isis)
Life Manifestation Goddess (Inner Layer)
Symbols: hands on breasts with upward angled arms
Epithet: Encloser (epithet for womb)
Selu (Salu, Selene)
Motion Source Goddess (Outer Layer)
Symbol: glowing things, heavenly bodies in the night sky. Air, feathers, song birds, Hands pointing upward
Epithet: (none known yet)
Levant Life Manifestation Goddess Asher
(Jan 13, 2022) Asherah is an Akkadian epithet for Utu deriving from: A.ṢR.E meaning "this mortal-space power."
- A [Akkadian ā] that thing or activity, this thing or activity, those things or activities, these things or activities, their things or activities (noun), that, this, those, these, their (adjective), that is, they are from, they bring, they do (verb) – the “thing” is a wild card for whatever thing is being referenced. When an adjective for a deity it means the deity’s powers are meant.
- ṢR [Akkadian ṣēru] mortal-space (noun) - as opposed to D’ meaning “divine-space” and ŠR meaning “divine-choir” which represented the divine space as a harmonious collection of powers.
- -I, -E [Akkadian -i, -e] singular possessed noun suffix normally meaning “my,” “of mine, “on me” but when added to deities and divine concepts it indicates their “underlying power” is meant instead of their persona. When a verb suffix it indicates the word is a transitive verb. For example, turning the participle “opening” into the verb “is open.”
Life Manifestation Goddesses Started with Neolithic Red Venus Figurines
(July 4, 2022) The Willendorf Venus shown on the right dates is unique in that it has an acorn crown “hat” which seems to be taken from the acorn of the European Sessile Oak. This Venus figurine was carved from oolitic limestone but it was covered with a thick layer of red ochre which represents the life power of blood. Also its hands are holding its breasts. These two characteristics identify it as a life manifestation goddess who manifests life on earth by providing the initial nourishment to fill the invisible life form image manifested by the masculine manifestation power.
The figurine was unearthed during the Wachau railway construction in 1908. It dates to between 28,000 - 25,000 BCE based on radiocarbon dating of items found in the same assemblage.
The oak tree was sacred because its broad crown most closely resembled the life network which distributed the divine fertility fluids to earth which triggered the life manifestation process. The Willendorf Venus is also the earliest evidence for this network concept.
(Photo: Don Hitchcock, 2008 online: https://donsmaps.com/venusindex.html)
Acorn of European Sessile Oak
The lower image is that of the European Sessile Oak acorn. This is the inspiration for the hat on the Willendorf Venus.
Hagar Qim Temple Goddesses Ayu (A) and Asher (C) (3000-2500 BCE) from Malta
- A. "Venus" of Ħaġar Qim which is cresent moon goddess Ayu
- B. Female figure of Tarxien Period Temples
- C. Hands on breasts indicate life manifestation goddess Asher
- D. Crossed Leg Fragments from Mnajdra
The red ocher means it was a life power. Arms below breasts identifies the goddess as Ayu.
From: Gregory, I.V. (2020) Historical Figurines from the Island of Malta. Online at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/340679999_Figuritas_prehistoricas_de_las_islas_maltesas
Asher from Susa in Elam in Eastern Mesopotamia (1500-1100 BCE)
Photo from Alvarez Mon 2020, plate 97, pages 248-251
Asher Bottle from Cyprus (1250-1050 BCE)
Asher from Cyprus (600 BCE)
British Museum Number Museum number 1876,0909.86. https://www.britishmuseum.org/collection/object/G_1876-0909-86
Heraklion Museum Text 1 (Minoan Text 15)
(November 25, 2022) "Asherah" means "power of Asher." The text reads:
- For the threaders (life-priests) energizing the elimination-powers (eagle-vultures) working with their reed-mat (network) 10.
- For the fertility-fluid misery-maker (Ayu) working with the threads 5 not 4.
- For Hu 2. For the openings (Asher) 3. Correspondences for magic
- Qa gu zi ḫiṣṣu ša 10
- wa mu qu 5 e 4 (the line over letter Q means it is a separate word)
- Ḫu 2. Pu 3. Šu tu
Malia Tablet HT 7 (Minoan Text 10)
Front of Tablet
(November 25, 2022) The text reads:
- The activity-powers of Su are lacking,
- not the elimination-powers. For Hu 3
- thread-items. For the nourishers of Hu (Alu) 4.
- For nourishing the distant-ones (life source deities) 1 anti-misery-maker.
- For magic for doing the same thing with Su-powers 1.
- ṣi su li
- ya zi. Ḫu 3
- qu ba Ḫu 4
- bu nasû 1
- tu še si 1
Back of Tablet
The text reads
- For life-manifestation-powers (Yahu) working with the nourishing motion-powers 1.
- For the misery eliminating-powers working with openings 2.
- di si bi 1
- wa zi pu 2
ReferencesGodart, L. and Poursat, J-C (1978) Malia. Le Quartier Mu 1. Introduction générale par J.-Cl. Poursat. Écriture hiéroglyphique crétoise par L. Godart et J.-P. Olivier. Études crétoises, 23, 1978 - 2021 École Française d'Athènes. Online at: https://cefael.efa.gr/detail.php?site_id=1&actionID=page&serie_id=EtCret&volume_number=23&ce=oatbaqmb7gsvpv7saktgh9sd9dd7b3sr&sp=230
(August 13, 2022) These are read left to right.
Tag 2a Translation into Akkadian (Minoan Text 1.2.1)
pu | wapu \ 7
- For the Opener (Asher, Asherah) | for working with exposing \ 7
Tag 2b Translation into Akkadian (Minoan Text 1.2.2)
nu | pu \ 8 bu
- For the Revealer (Yahu) | for working with openings \ 8 nourishments
One side of tag 2 labeled items for the Opener of invisible life form images (Asherah) while the other side labeled nourishments (amorphous matter) for the Revealer (Yahu) to fill those images.
Thu is misidentified as “Velia Velcha” in Orcus Tomb map above. See Tomb of Shields for positive identification of Thu
(Photo: Rönnlund, Wikimedia Commons, 2012). Letters added by Olmsted.
Etruscan Orcus Tomb Image 1: The Connective Layer "Controllers," and Hermaphrodite Motion Deity Thu Are Not Affecting the Openings
(Sept. 8, 2022) The texts and images in the tomb of so-called Orcus 1 tell a story when viewed clockwise from the tombs entrance. The story's first scene is shown on the right.
Translation in Akkadian (Text Med 18.1)(read right to left. Capital letters on stone. Inner vowels inferred)
- ARu Ne'u : Pu E Lâšu A : (Med 18.1.1)
- Gi ELu .... (Med 18.1.2)
- The Controllers (Ayu, Eagle Vultures) are being affected : None of the Openings are being influenced by them :
- High energy ....
The rightmost image in the scene is the life power goddess Ayu (Inanna, Ishtar, Hathor) who is identified by her snake skin hat having a network pattern revealed by its scales. She is responsible for editing the network by removing and adding network links. She seems to be holding a young plant stem spurting fluid which likely corresponds to a network link. Another sign of her life power is that she is tanned from the sun because she is the feminine power compliment to the sun god Hu.
The leftmost image is the middle layer motion-power hermaphrodite deity Thu who is wearing the laurel crown to indicate their divine role as a motion deity. The fast-growing laurel tree (Laurus nobilis) is also called the Bay Laurel because its bay leaves are a spice having a unique odor and taste. Either because of its fast growth or because of its aroma this tree has been associated with speed and motion. It was placed on the heads of Greek runners to indicate they were the fastest. They were a champion and from that the laurel crown came to indicate any sort of victor. The hair of Thu has both masculine and feminine components relative to Italian culture with long side hair (feminine) and short back hair (masculine). That this image represents the hermaphrodite deity Thu is provided by a painting in a different tomb called the Tomb of Shields who is “associating” with unknown deity or demon.