Life Source God - Alu
Related Sumerian Image of Life God AN (Alu)
The Sumerians also seem to follow the Ancient Pagan Paradigm like the Druids just with different names for the deities. This is a Sumerian cylinder seal dated to around 2200 BCE. Each of the 6 text columns is a label for each of the 6 images.
The text translation is:
- AN's ejections are the milk which fills the fertility-fluids for the land.
- The cloud's streams are passing-through to the earth
- Storage is being filled by the fertility-fluids
- The pests are ejected
- Servant of wisdom
Lexicon used for this translation: About This Early-Sign Sumerian Lexicon
ReferencesGodart, L. and Poursat, J-C (1978) Malia. Le Quartier Mu 1. Introduction générale par J.-Cl. Poursat. Écriture hiéroglyphique crétoise par L. Godart et J.-P. Olivier. Études crétoises, 23, 1978 - 2021 École Française d'Athènes. Online at: https://cefael.efa.gr/detail.php?site_id=1&actionID=page&serie_id=EtCret&volume_number=23&ce=oatbaqmb7gsvpv7saktgh9sd9dd7b3sr&sp=230
(July 11, 2022) These are read left to right.
Tag 1a Translation into Akkadian (Minoan Text 1.1.1)
- For the life-power source (Alu)
Tag 1b Translation into Akkadian (Minoan Text 1.1.2)
- For Su (Motion power source)
One side of this tag labels items for the life powers while the other side labels them for the motion powers. This indicates these tags were reused.
Heraklion Museum Tablet 2 (Minoan Text 9)
(November 25, 2022) The text reads:
- For the nocturnal-chorus (magic-crafters) working with the covering (night sky) 20. For Thu (connective motion power) working with the Life-Sourcer (Alu),
- 5. For Hu’s threaders (life-priests) working with fate 7.
- Threads are no longer magical. For Hu is striking-down Thu without the Life-Manifester (Yahu) 11.
- For nothing being erupted (in the network) 1. For not catching the wind 1. For misery due to
- magic 1. For involvements not nourishing 1. For the boundary 6.
- pāmu līṭu 20 ṭu da
- 5 ḫu qa qarȗ 7
- qu tu e ḫu ḥittu ṭu da la 11
- e ḫuḫu 1 šāḫu ya 1 wa ku
- tu 1 ku bu ya 1 etû 6
Malia Tablet HT 7 (Minoan Text 10)
Front of Tablet
(November 25, 2022) The text reads:
- The activity-powers of Su are lacking
- not the elimination-powers. For Hu 3
- thread-items, for the nourisher of Hu (Alu) 4.
- For nourishing the distant-one (life source deity) 1 anti-misery-maker
- For magic for doing the same thing with Su-powers 1.
- ṣi su li
- ya zi. Ḫu 3
- qu ba Ḫu 4
- bu nasû 1
- tu še si 1
Back of Tablet
The text reads
- For life-manifestations for working with the nourishing motion-powers 1
- For the misery of eliminating-powers for working with openings 2
- di si bi 1
- wa zi pu 2
Top two images from http://www.britishmuseum.org/research/collection_online/collection_object_details.aspx?objectId=282224&partId=1)
Bottom image from http://cdli.ox.ac.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=shamash_tablet
Sun God Tablet References 850 BCE (Elijah) Drought
(July 3, 2022) The top of the Sun God Tablet shows a complex bas relief. It was printed from one of several limestone molds so it could be copied and sent to several surrounding temples. The tablet and molds were discovered inside an inscribed terracotta chest (BM 91004). The chest is dated to the reign of Nabonidus (Nabu-apla-iddina ca. 888 – 855 BC), three centuries after the Sun God Tablet first appeared. The assemblage was excavated by Hormuzd Rassam in 1881 at Abū Habbah, and proved that site’s identification with ancient Sippar.
The bas relief shows the life source god Anu seated in his house above the sky shell. "Anu" is the Mesopotamian Akkadian word for the life power source power while the Mediterranean word is "Alu." In the text his powers are being blocked by the large sun disk radiating light and rain representing the god Atu. This means Anu's powers of rain production cannot reach the two mortal ambassadors approaching him. Behind the two mortals is another deity or priest indicated by his snake hat who has his arms raised.
Anu is holding the masculine/feminine power symbols (Athame and Chalice equivalents). Above the personified Ahu's head are the symbols representing the life powers belonging to his house (class of life powers). They are the moon goddess Inanna (Ishtar), sun god Atu, and manifestation god Ea (Yahu). The text in his house reads:
- The confused divine threads are setting out from the stable and are trampling down Anu's afflicted.
- Destitute divine threads are trampling down a number of food supply divine fluids
Above the house of Anu is probably the motion powers source god Su whose night sky motion powers are manipulating the threads of the life network by pulling the strings of Atu's network. This manipulation is what is really blocking the rain. The top right corner text reads beside the string puller reads (translation by Olmsted):
- Anu is confused, Anu is afflicted. The destitute divine thread connections of Anu to Ea are trampling down the Fathers.
- The divine thread openings appear destitute to Father Anu and pronounce to the divine messengers and the Twins the surrounding food supply affliction.
The Twins mentioned in the text were the charioteers who who pulled the sun across the sky-shell and through the atmosphere. As such they became associated with traveling. In Greek culture they became the stars Castor and Pollux in the constellation Gemini. Ea is the earth manifesting power of the life-growth power generated by Anu. The text above the two people and Ea reads:
- The oven (domed sky-shell) is starving a number of Anu's divine threads which are afflicting (the remaining) number of threads by forcefully hurrying the divine fluids of our
- fertility-fluid priests of the cloister. The afflicted (threads) are confusing the divine threads of the stable hands (magic crafters)
- EA? has dried up, Si'u (full moon power) is crushed, the Father's tools are crushed, NUN (water power) has dried up.